IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023: Probationary Officer is one of the most desired posts for people who are seeking job in the Indian banking sector. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection recruits large number of aspirants for the post of Probationary Officers for various banking institutions throughout the country. Here we are presenting the detailed IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern and Syllabus for those candidates who will attempt the exam this year. It is expected that a vast number of contenders will be appearing for the IBPS PO 2023 Exam to embark their bright and prosperous career. It can prove to be beneficial to check the syllabus and exam marking scheme to know about what are the priority subjects and need to be prepared well before the exam. So, we advise the candidates to read this article fully to gain information about IBPS PO/MT Syllabus 2023.
IBPS Probationary Officer 2023 Exam Details
- Name of Organization: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- Name of Exam: Probationary Officer/Management Trainee 2023
- Post Name: Probationary Officer
- Category: IBPS PO 2023 Syllabus/Exam Pattern
- Official Website: ibps.in
IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 | Check IBPS PO Exam Marking Scheme and Course
We advise the contenders to check the carefully and start the preparation as soon as possible. This will ensure that the aspirants are able to cover all the topics thoroughly in their studies and come out with good marks in the assessment. In general, checking the IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 should be considered as the first step in starting of preparations for the exam. Check the tables below to find out about the detailed IBPS Probationary Officer Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023
As we know that there are three stages for the selection examination for IBPS Probationary Officer. Therefore, we are going to cover the pattern for all the three stages in this section. Check the table below.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Pattern 2023
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
1 Hour Composite
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
IBPS Main Exam Pattern 2023
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 min|
|English Letter/Essay Writing||2||25||30 min|
Negative marking penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer will be implemented.
IBPS PO Interview Pattern 2023
The interview carries total 100 marks. The qualifying marks are 40 for General category and 35 for reserved category aspirants.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2023
It is very important to check the syllabus for exam before starting the preparations. It will help the contenders to prepare well for the assessment and aspirants will score well in the exam. Hence, here we are posting the details about full IBPS PO Syllabus 2023 for all the subjects that are included in the exam.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for prelims of IBPS PO 2023 is as follows.
- IBPS PO 2023 Reasoning Syllabus: Puzzles, Seating Arrangements, Machine Input-Output, Inequalities, Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series, Data Sufficiency, Direction Sense, Blood Relation, Syllogism, Order and Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Conclusion, Argument).
- IBPS PO English Syllabus 2023: Reading Comprehension, Paragraph Based Questions (Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement), Cloze Test, Fillers, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Errors, Vocabulary based questions, Jumbled Paragraph.
- IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude 2023 Syllabus: Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Alligation, Pipes and Cisterns), Number Series, Approximation and Simplification. Inequalities (Quadratic Equations).
This was the IBPS PO/MT Syllabus 2023 for preliminary exam. Check the main exam syllabus in the undermentioned section.
IBPS PO Main Exam Syllabus 2023
Here we are providing the detailed syllabus for IBPS PO Main Exam 2023.
- IBPS PO Computer Syllabus 2023: Basic computer terminology such MS Office, History of computers, Computer abbreviation, Operating Systems, Number System, Software & Hardware questions (Database & communication), Basic knowledge of Internet & Network etc.
- IBPS PO/MT 2023 English Syllabus : Spotting the errors, Fill in the blanks, Cloze Test, Idioms & Phrases, Synonyms and antonyms, Reconstruction of sentence & passage, Ordering of sentences or jumbled up sentences, Phrase substitution, Double blanks in a sentence, One word substitution, Commonly misspelled words, Comprehensions.
- IBPS PO Data Analysis/Interpretation 2023 Syllabus: Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart).
- IBPS PO 2023 General/Banking/Economy Awareness Syllabus: Finance, Shares, Current Rates (Bank rate, Repo Rate, Reverse repo rate etc.), International Economy, Indian Economy, Types of Banks, GDP related, RBI, Fiscal-Monetary Policies etc., Social Function of Banks, UNO, Questions related to International Financial Institutions (World bank, IMF, UN, ADB related – Members, recent development, functions), Various schemes of Government, Books & Their Authors, Marketing, Sports, Budget, Agriculture, Awards & Honors, Current Affairs (last 6 months) news and current affairs.
IBPS PO Pre Examination Training 2023
The pre examination training is available for aspirants from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other minorities. It is carried out by nodal banks/participating organizations in various centres throughout India. The candidates can check the notification for IBPS PO 2023 to know about the training centers. To avail the pre examination training, the contenders need to fill the appropriate section in the application form. The training will be provided free of cost. However, other expenses have to be beared by the candidates.
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
To prepare for the probationary officer examination, the aspirants need to check the IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023. This will give the candidates an idea what topics are being covered in the assessment and what is the marking scheme. The exam pattern and syllabus can also be checked from the official portal of the organization @ ibps.in. Aspirants should note that the syllabus and exam criteria might change as per the rules of IBPS. In this article we have covered all the details related to IBPS PO Syllabus 2023. Moreover, if there is any query related to the same, then drop a comment below and we will help you out. Best of Luck!